The Victorian Government have announced the reinstatement of Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions across metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire for the next six weeks. As a result of the reinstatement it has also been announced that there will be an expansion of the Victorian Government’s Business Support Fund.
Businesses within metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire that are affected by the return to Stay at Home restrictions may be eligible for a one-off, $5000 grant under the Business Support Fund – Expansion program.
How to apply for the Victorian business grant
To be eligible for the grant, businesses must be located in the metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire areas and must employ people.
Businesses must also:
- be a participant in the Commonwealth government’s JobKeeper payment scheme
- be registered with WorkSafe as of June 30, 2020
- have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20
- be registered for GST as of June 30, 2020
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN as of June 30, 2020
- be registered with the responsible federal or state regulator.
Applications for this program close on 19 August 2020 and can be done online at